[TR] Squamish- Cannabis Wall 5/16/2006

Climb: Squamish-Cannabis Wall

Date of Climb: 5/16/2006

Trip Report:

I aid soloed Cannabis Wall today, below the ledge. This activity gave me an opportunity to listen to music. I also got to try out my Ruskie aiders and adjustable daisies, which are cool. All the heads are fixed, so it's more like C1 with the occasional hook move or two. Pitch 2 is wet and slimy. I thought it a fine effort for my first "real" aid solo. A squawky Peregrine was unimpressed, as you no doubt are by this TR.

no photos, but if you can imagine someone moving very slowly for eight hours in front of some rock then you've caught the zeitgeist.

Gear Notes:

Hooks, Lots of small nuts, Aliens... all very useful.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

We bagged it do to poor conditions and went to Yosemite for a week and a half. We did the Free Blast on Salathe and the Rostrum, along with Nabisco wall and tons of cragging. I ran into Ron Kauk and he took a photo of my pants.

We did not know about the Peregrine situation on the Rostrum and ended up getting quite the (well deserved) tongue lashing from the climbing ranger.

When are you back from NZ?