• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
AlpinistAndrew

[TR] North Twin Sister - West Ridge 5/11/2006

Climb: North Twin Sister -West Ridge

Date of Climb: 5/11/2006

Trip Report:

After I got back from my Greybeard accident I was still on a kind of "high". I went out drinking that night in B'ham and two of my buddies had the idea of doing N. Twin (which I've done 8 times now) that night. So at 12 we leave the bars and by 3 we have packed and at the trailhead. We hike in, ditch our bikes where the snow starts (near the crossing of the creek/river). We got up to the ridge a little after first light. Made our way up the ridge, with some routefinding where normally you traverse on the left side of the ridge, but due to steep snow we climbed on the right mostly. Near the sumimit I had a mental breakdown fromt the day previous' activities, i.e. Greybeard (not to mention I'd been up for like 30 hours at this time.) Summitted, downclimbed in horizontally blowing snow. Then trudged out in the rain. Great bike ride down. Went to Bob's Burgers in B'ham afterward.

Gear Notes:

ice axe

Approach Notes:

Snow to creek crossing, after that, snow patches here and there on road