Spring/Summer ski question

Scottquig

Recently I've had a hankering for some summer skiing. However, due to my glacier travel inexperience I'd like to stay on something that's not moving. Does anyone have suggestions for stuff that would be good right now? Can hike, climb, or skin up.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Right now, there is snow all over the place. Later in the summer you might have to ski on glaciers, but now you can drive up to just about any pass and start skinning up. Where do you live, and what area is interesting to you? Do you want to climb mountains and ski from the top? Camp out?

Come to the ski campout this weekend and I bet we can find something you can ski.

The snowpack is holding strong and you can nearly ski anywhere now that you could in the winter, esp. above 3 - 4 k feet. If you aren't familiar with much of the backcountry skiing spots in Washington I'd reccomend Washington Pass, after getting some beta first, or a run from Muir down to Paradise on Ranier.

You might also have fun skinning up a ski area now that they are closed. You'd have fun at Crystal or Stevens.

The corn is real good right now if you time it right.

Ah, I'm currently in Pittsburgh at school. I will be heading home this weekend for the summer. I live near Everett. I am very familiar with hiking the Cascades in the summer, but my snowsports have been mostly limited to resorts. I also climb and scramble to peaks, though I've just been getting into that, so I'm not quite so familiar with Cascades backcountry travel.