Tatoosh zoo

nolanr

Geez, there were a lot of people out there this weekend. The Tacoma Mounties were doing an alpine scramble class, practicing upside down, backwards, inside out, every kind of self arrest that is possible and maybe some that aren't. Several other parties of varying sizes up there, too. As far as I could tell, I was the first one up the Castle, then I headed elsewhere when it got really crowded. I walked the ridgeline over to Unicorn, been meaning to do that for while. There was a party of 12 descending the route as I approached it, also a couple of smaller parties up there. They all looked at me like I was crazy for scrambling up in unroped. I'm not saying that to brag, I'm sure most of the people posting here have soloed harder stuff than that. Anyway, the weather was mostly nice and it was a fun day. The snow is consolidated fairly well, best kick stepping/plunge stepping/stand up glisading I've had this year. The next day I got blasted by wind and fairly heavy snowfall up at Summerland. Who they hell named that place, every time I've been up there the weather has been crap.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic