Solo mountaineering route suggestions

Bilbo

In 2003, the Whitechuck road was washed out way back near the start -- perhaps ten miles from the trailhead -- and the trail itself was also severely damaged. I think the possible alternate approach via Milk Creek may also be out. Last year, climbers were approaching Glacier Peak from the Sauk River.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The N. Arete of Wedge (it's in SW British Columbia) offers a safe approach and an easy but asthetic ice arete/easy ice face. Reverse the route to descend to avoid problems with crevasses. Wedge is near Whistler British Columbia. Weart can be done from the same approach.

GB

Here's a topo for the basic approach to the Wedge at the following link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/bigtree/127692511/ (the Wedge and Lesser Wedge are located in the bottome right of the map). Maybe someday I'll figure out how to includes pics in my posts - with a limit of >/= 100 000 bytes it doesn't seem to accommodate much.