need a climbing partner

rtgoins

I need a partner to do some climbing this summer. I lke to spend most of my time on the glaciers, but I do enjoy rock as well. I always forget how much fun rock is until I'm on it. If anyone's intrested let me know. Acouple of routes i would like to cross of my list this year are the kauts, I hope I spelled that right, on rainer as well as liberty ridge. I also would like to spend some time in the olympics and north cascades to try and get away from the crowds. I also have a trip to denali to try tme weat rib route. I've been on the west buttress and it was a bit crowded for me. I'm in tacoma so its easy for me to get just about anywere.

Edited by rtgoins

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello RT-

I bet you'll have more luck if you provide some details like...

where are you located? what would you like to climb this summer (specific routes)?

Stuff like that always seems to help when searching for partners.

I'm a newbie but have been up Mt adams and have been to central wash. mountain rescue glacier travel and self recue course. I would welcome the opportunity to climb with a person with your knowledge. My personal goal is Denali's west butress with-in the next 2 years providing I

can get more expierience. By the way I'm 52 and in good physical condition with winter camping, snow travel expierience.

I'm living in Mexico City but from Omak - Eastern Washington. I'm mostly into Alpine Rock routes (north cascades), but I mostly just like to be outside. I'm hoping to work about 0 days from June to August, so let me know if anything works. 10A trad climber a little harder on bolts.

Finding myself without a partner too often so here goes:

I've got one season of experience. About 25 routes in the cascades, one or two at smith and 3 in Yosemite, I usually will lead trad to 5.9, WI/AI 3. I did the basic mounties gig last year to get over the experience catch 22. I'd like to do :

summer rock such as W ridge or S face Prusik, stuart north ridge, forbidden W ridge, dragontail serpentine, etc.

Other alpine such as redoubt, baker N ridge, shuksan N face or Nooksack glacier, slesse etc.

I really want to do a trip or 3 to the bugaboos (never been).

I may or may not have a car this summer but if it comes down to it I can probably acquire one.

I have a tendancy to push for the summit sometimes but generally like to be safe.

I dont like loud music on car rides or gutter talk or drugs (just sayin if you do thats cool but we wont mesh.)

lastly, I like to move fast on things like uphill approaches. I'd say I'm in good shape (stuart cascadian car to summit in 3.5 hours). I'm not saying you gotta be superman, but I'm tired of climbing with people who arent in good enough shape for the objective at hand. Just know your limits.

If interested email

ben long at u dot washington dot edu

oops I wanted to put this in the main forum.

Edited by sir_vent