[TR] Hubba Hubba- 2/19/2006

Pochi

Climb: Hubba Hubba-

Date of Climb: 2/19/2006

Trip Report:

We climbed Tooth NE slab Saturday, Sunday 2/19 we climbed Hubba Hubba in Leavenworth. We started around 7 :20am at the trail head. When we got to the base of the climb, there were three climbers were getting ready to climb. But they looked up the route, and decided not to climb it because they though the ice was not good. I looked at it, and I thought it was OK condition. Small icicles were falling off from the wall once a while because sun was beaming on the route and it got a little warmer than last few days. But I thought I gave a shot. The condition was OK. I was able to put few screws in, but I could hear water was running underneath of the ice, and saw rock was showing out. I managed to get to the belay spot, and brought my partner up. He took a fall once, but he was able to climb up to me. He was a little shaky, but he led the second pitch with no problem. The third pitch was short and steep. And we walked off right side of the route. This was my partners first time on waterfall ice, but he did actually climb fantastic.

We had a great weekend. How many times we will get this kind of nice crispy weather in Washington?

Gear Notes:

Ice screws

16cm x4

19cm x2

Small nuts

5a1a55dc761b6_548986-3463877887Ffp3353Enu3D32383E5593E753B3EWSNRCG3D323354493B7398nu0mrj1.jpg.a14aa824c2e09575407a1866aa19c417.jpg

Edited by Pochi

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images