[TR] Lillooet- Rambles, Marble Canyon 2/5/2006

Wild_Bill

Climb: Lillooet-Rambles, Marble Canyon

Date of Climb: 2/5/2006

Trip Report:

A few of us went up to Lillooet this weekend thinking it was our best chance of ice in the greater PNW. Friday night and Saturday were fairly warm (above O) around town, but it cooled down to below freezing by Sunday (at Marble Canyon at least).

Saturday:

RAMBLES-

Some ice on the left? side (whatever the "main" spot is, I can't remember the name, pretty much straight up from the bridge)- climbable but thin. From the road we could see ice higher up, but it was questionable if it was actually touching down.

THE TUBE-

Absolutely no sign of ice... but you can imagine what it would of been like if there was though... We then decided to head up to Marble Canyon to at least scope it out for the next day. Suprisingly, the deeping wall actually looked amazing.

Sunday:

MARBLE CANYON (Deeping Wall)- In. In like flint. Fat. Thick. Gorgeous. Delicious. Very condusive to good climbing. For the first time this season, I didn't have to place stubbies. I placed a 22 for no other reason than because I actually could (smoke em if you got em, right?). Plus, for the whole day of Sunday, we were the ONLY people in the canyon.

For those wondering and to avoid sacrilege, we did manage to catch a few staticy minutes of the Hawks in and out on the AM. From the sounds of things, the refs din't have any better reception/perception than we did of what was actually happening in the game. C'est la vie.

Gear Notes:

The usual. Little guys for the rambles, big ones for marble canyon.

Approach Notes:

99 north was snowy- one team didn't make it. 1 to 97 to 12 (from B-ham) was fine. By now everything should be clear.

PICTURES: My feeble attempts to imbed pictures within this trip report have ammounted only to the the following URLs below. I posted three pictures in the gallery, which I'm sure most of you can probably navigate your way to finding.

showphoto.php?photo=16179&size=big&sort=1&cat=505showphoto.php?photo=16180&size=big&sort=1&cat=505showphoto.php?photo=16181&size=big&sort=1&cat=505

9627Deeping_Wall1.jpg

9627Deeping_Wall2.jpg

9627Rambles1.jpg

Edited by olyclimber

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Bill, thanks for the TR. thumbs_up.gifrockband.gif

When you're logged into CC.com, look on your upper right...click on "Gallery", and then in the upper right you'll see a link for uploading pictures. Then you can either just tell people to go look in the gallery, post a link to all the pictures there, or even imbed pictures in your post using the "Image" function that is available when posting in the "Instant UBB Code" box.

PM me if you have any questions...I'd like to see some pictures of someone killing ice.