Nectar

Gary_Yngve

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a little weird. There was a "reggae" band there consisting of a bunch of dread-less white guys. The crowd was n't that into it. But a better crowd than the meatpacker Red Something place a few blocks away.

Toast, let's just say that I did not see the bouncer stop anyone (mostly skinny gals) who snuck through. I'm not going to admit to going through, just verifying that it was possible.

Its too bad that place is fucking gay as all get-out rolleyes.gif

Is that "gay" as in a "gay bar" or "gay" as in "I'm a child and I think it's funny to insult something I don't like by calling it 'gay'". 'Cuz if it's a gay bar, I probably won't like it 'cuz I'm not gay, but if it's a place you don't like that's another story. I've driven by it a few times and it looks decent, but haven't checked it out yet.

Fremont's full of kids from the 'burbs on the weekends, but on a good Thursday night or something I might check it out.

So is it a gay place or a "ghey" place?

Its too bad that place is fucking gay as all get-out rolleyes.gif

Is that "gay" as in a "gay bar" or "gay" as in "I'm a child and I think it's funny to insult something I don't like by calling it 'gay'". 'Cuz if it's a gay bar, I probably won't like it 'cuz I'm not gay, but if it's a place you don't like that's another story. I've driven by it a few times and it looks decent, but haven't checked it out yet.

Fremont's full of kids from the 'burbs on the weekends, but on a good Thursday night or something I might check it out.

So is it a gay place or a "ghey" place?

Well, I didnt call it "ghey", because that word has no meaning. A gay-bar it is not, however if it were, this would likely deter the homophobic and insecure frat punks that seem to frequent the joint, thus improving my opinion of the place. I do think its funny to put this place down, but I dont think Im being childish about it. Perhaps it was a poor word choice, but Im pretty sure most everyone else got the jist of what I was trying to convey. Its not the kids from the burbs that have made Fremont such a miserable place to hang out, its the first-time-away-from-mom-and-i-dont-know-how-to-act-so-i'll-just-drink-myself-stupid-while-making-an-ass-of-myself-and-my-friends uw students that have ruined the place. Unfortunately, its not just nectar that is harboring these fools. You should check the place out sometime. Apparently, anorexic sorority girls can squeeze through the bars.