Problems with the Rainier webcam?

Kraken

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uhh... it's been snowin buttloads down here. Buttloads. I'm guessing that has something to do with it since the thing is probably encased in an ice tomb 6 inches thick. Don't worry... the mountain will still be here when you come down to guide the masses up the hill.

I looked into this issue... It seems that there are some problems with a NPS server back east. That's preventing the NPS from uploading new information to its web sites.

For example, I updated the route conditions for Rainier, but they've yet to post. Not that I have any new reports worth that much... B/c all it's done since Dec 21 is snow, snow, snow... thumbs_up.gif

That camera is on another server (different division of the agency,) ..

hellno3d.gifyelrotflmao.gif

So depending on where I take a whiz in the Paradise parking lot, you may have to contact a different division to write me a ticket?!! (Just joking - really... I am. I don't need the big NPS caravan of trucks pulling up in MY driveway.) blush.gif

But seriously, I guess that answers the question I've always had about those two cameras: why can't you get to them from the same area of the MORA website? Guess that would require cooperation and planning between divisions. Gasp!