Looking for Matt Maddaloni

JaapSuter

Hey,

if anybody knows him, can you ask him if he can send me a message or email me at contact@jaapsuter.com? I have some questions for them about his Carag Dur climb.

Edited to add: my original post mentioned John Millar too. I sincerely apologize for bringing him up. I was not aware that he has passed away. I am not a climbing community regular. Again, my apologies.

Thanks,

Jaap Suter

Edited by JaapSuter

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Get in touch with Rob Richards or Colin Dion, Powell River they're the guys to talk to about P.R. and the Eldred, I think Colin has had more to do in the valley lately. If its access questions, ask me, I live there. God seeing that post made my stomach drop.

But Jaap you do not want to jump Carag Dur... the bottom half is a slab.

Thanks for the tip Dru. I have looked at Carag Dur before but always dismissed it because I thought it was too low. Only recently did I find out it was 1800 feet. I also just found this picture (see attached) and it looks rather steep to me, especially once you get above the overhanging upside-down smiley.

If it's truly 1800 feet and the top half is vertical, that might give us enough drive to track away from the talus and leverage the altitude the bottom half offers.

Do you have any guesses on what angle the lower and top halfs are?

Thanks,

Jaap Suter

534245-carag_dur.jpg.f444adc8d4d7a70ab8d8203e8a8f3643.jpg