Coeur d'Alene, ID

John Frieh

Looking for beta on ice or other climbing options close (2-3 hour drive) to Coeur d'Alene, ID that will likely be in for Jan 14th - 16th... the closer to Coeur d'Alene the better.

As I will have a rental car am looking for something that has a dependable, easier approach if that option exists (or perhaps someone interested in climbing with 2 out of towners and is willing to drive wave.gif)

Any guidebooks I should be looking at?

Also any beta on local dining options, pubs, skiing, etc etc would greatly be appreciated. cheeburga_ron.gifbigdrink.gifwazzup.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Wizard's Lair. Rumoured to be 2 pitch grade 5 on the road to Libby Montana. I've seen a picture and it looked quite fun.

Copper Creek. First drainage to the east, on the south side of the Canadian border crossing (kingsgate)(road to Cranbrook BC). 1/2 mile south of border. Drive to end of plowed road (maybe a 1/2 mile (it's been 20 years since I was there)) and follow common sense (15 minutes) to find where Copper Creek pours out of a canyon. Obvious. One pitch. Good quality and good asthetics. Maybe 3+? If it was on the Duffey you'd need to get up at 4:00am. Zero crowds:)

GB