Is Barbie getting what she deserves?

minx

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...I believe all the hubub revolves around folk's definition of "fad". Sobo and others - you're obviously taking fad to mean something trendy or disingenuous or done only to impress others. Granted, that's the normal definition...

You're spot on, kurt. I took Dru's "fad" comment with that same (common) definition in mind. I posted a long dissertation last night explaining my response to Dru's comments, and went on a bit about why I was defensive about the issue.

I think, although I haven't heard explicitly so from him (and I guess I really don't need to), that Dru and I are all patched up now. I harbor no ill will towards Dru or anyone else on this board over this issue, and I consider the matter closed. So you all please feel free to disfigure any Barbie dolls you guys might receive this year!

I wish everyone on this board a very Happy Ramahanakwanzmas! laugh.gif

PS: kurt, we all got home safely, and I was the only one in our travel group of seven couples that didn't get the shits ever. And I ate every damn thing in front of me, most of which I still have no idea what it was. Now that's a dirtbag's stomach for ya!