Portland Rock Gyms

chalkball

Hey - I was wondering if I could get a basic overview of Portland area rock gyms. I climb at Stone Gardens in Seattle and recently showed 2 different Portland couples around SG and they want to start climbing back home.

One of the couples lives in Camas, the other is more centrally located in Portland. What are the closest gyms for each and is there a particular focus (bouldering, tr, leading) at each?

Thanks

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI, Club Sport has a special offer this month for access to their rock gym only: 10-time pass (with one addition thrown in, so 11 total) for half price. That works out to $62.50, boys and girls. Not bad for a good gym. Just go up to the desk and ask for a "flash pass".

Rumor has it they are trying this program out and if sucessful they will start offering it as a normal program.

I think you need to purchase it this month, but is good for like 3 months out. A buddy said that you can purchase like up to 4 at a time, if you felt so inclined.