Need Beta - Crater Rock to Highway 35

barkernews

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The skinning up will be fabulous...all the way to CR. It is really awesome snow right now. bigdrink.gif

On the WRG descent, maybe Iain or someone else can speak more to this, but I'd be careful on this right now. There hasn't been THAT much snow up there. I would be nervous skiing that glacier this early. However, the WRG has the benefit of having a lot of what fell last week on the Palmer blown into it filling in a lot of the cracks. It doesn't take much to smooth things over.

Maybe be on the safe side and just don't go alone. Then at least if one of you drop hellno3d.gif, the other can get to the other quickly. Otherwise, have a blast. wave.gifbigdrink.gifthumbs_up.gif

Couloir is right about the conditions, they were awesome on Thursday all the way up. I was in White River Drainage a few weeks ago, and it still needed to fill in. With the dump of snow last week, that very well might have been filled in, but I know that the river crossings were a little sketch.

Have fun!