Seattle MTB Park

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell I can't believe how long this project is taking. Also what is the deal with "only" $110,000 more to go? WTF, what is costing so much? Hell of a lot of local trails (not XC) that have been built were built with just labor and just used natural resources. No or very little money was needed. The difficulty I see with this park in peaking peoples interest to donate time and money, is that it will probably be to tame, since it is a city park. Hell all the stuff they have planned can be found on urban ride and is way more exciting/challenging. It's too bad, at first it sounded like a great idea, looking at the plans it looks boring. Hopefully I am wrong.

Dave if you look at the plan, the things they have listed are not to techincal IMO. What they list for heights on the drops, teeter totters, and step-ups is quite low, so will be suited for people who are jst starting to ride. The contruction of the actual area leads itself to being static with no room for change, i.e. cement anchor, rebar, and rock retaining walls. From the looks of it they have it all planned out, and contrary to what you say, "what gets built depends on who shows up and works", the plan doesn't appear to be that flexible.

Like I said before I hope I am wrong. That space has a lot of potential and it is nice that it will be lighted and stay dry.

Well it still sounds interesting.....and anything that involves your city or county always costs and takes F-O-R-E-V-E-R!

But this could also be something younger riders could experience closer to home and I'm all for that being a Mother and all.

Looking at the plans it does look tame, but there are days when it would be fun to take it easy......besides nothing like sucking in exhaust while biking a trial! I'm game to try it at least once! Geek_em8.gif