Miscommunication?

chucK

Speaking on the House floor on Friday, Representative Jean Schmidt, Republican of Ohio, asserted that the colonel had "asked me to send Congressman Murtha a message: that cowards cut and run, marines never do."

[...]

Asked to respond on Monday, the congresswoman's office said only, "Mrs. Schmidt's statement was never meant to disparage Congressman Murtha."

Is this a guy/girl thing? Is there something I'm not understanding here? confused.giftongue.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Miscommunication would be:

Mon 2:30 PM: my advisor emails me asking to meet at 3:30

Mon 3:00 PM: i email my advisor that i am busy then, but i

am generally free 1:30-5:30 tuesday, and he should schedule

earlier as there will be no guarantee of obtaining a timeslot later.

Tues 2:00 AM: advisor emails me saying he can't meet in the afternoon but he can meet tues morn.

he's incorrigible!

sure, fine by me. the sad thing is our dept even issued a memo on students' expectations of their advisors and advisors' expectations of their students. one of the specific statements was, "when possible, an advisor should give students at least 24 hours notice prior to a meeting." of course the document also had other ivory-tower BS like, "students and advisors should view each other as colleagues."

i assume you've been to phdcomics.com?