Salt lake city climbing?

sweatinoutliquor

Hey Everyone, I got to make a trip to Salt Lake City from November 6-11 for a conference, and I was wondering if there is any easily accessable solo climbing oppertunities there (i've never been). I guess you can take a shuttle up to little cottonwood canyon, but I was thinking that none of the ice would be in yet. I had hoped to be skiing when I was there, but I hear it's been really warm. Anyway, if you have any info about easy stuff that would be great. Also, if you can tell me if it would be better to bring crampons and toolz, or climbing shoes I would appreciate it. Thanks! confused.gif

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have to be unusually cold for their to be any ice climbing by then. The ice season there is short and iffy. I'd check the Wx right before leaving, but most likely rock shoes for sure. The winter weather there is really volatile--swings from sub-zero to t-shirt in a matter of days aren't unusual.

If it's too warm to ski climb rock in the Cottonwoods.

Hear Hear. Bring rock shoes, you'll just be disappointed if you bring crapons. At worst you can BOULDER in the cottonwoods and not drive all the way to Joe's. There's plenty of BETTER bouldering in utah than Joe's valley.