Oh, I kept the first for another day!

Yet knowing how way leads on to way,

I doubted if I should ever come back.

I shall be telling this with a sigh

Somewhere ages and ages hence:

Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—

I took the one less traveled by,

And that has made all the difference."

Frost was obviously lost and tried to hide the fact with some fancy poet lingo. Discuss.

Edited by knotzen

ya know that frost poem "the mending wall"? the imagery of the stacked stone walls that seperated farms in new england figures prominently in it. anyway, when i was a kid i used to hike through the forests in the berkshire hills of massachusetts bird watching and stuff. that is all second growth forest because it used to be all cleared for farming 150 years ago. so you'd be bushwhacking along where nobody ever goes with big trees everywhere and then you'd run into a mostly toppled down wall of stacked stones in the middle of the forest and be like holy crap this used to be a farm here and people long gone stacked up those stones but now it's been reclaimed by nature. kind cool really.

another thing when a tree falls in the forest and you're there to hear it it's really really loud. i thought it was dynamite going off at first but it was the sound of a snapping stick times a thousand and then a crashing noise as it brought smller trees down and then a thud.

hey i didn't bring ABBA in to this thread.

another thing when a tree falls in the forest and you're there to hear it it's really really loud. i thought it was dynamite going off at first but it was the sound of a snapping stick times a thousand and then a crashing noise as it brought smller trees down and then a thud.

During the ice storm two years ago, I lived in Snohomish, surrounded by woods, and for hours after I got up that morning there were loud cracks as the trees broke under the weight of the ice and fell, and took other trees down with them. It WAS loud, and pretty amazing, having it go on all around you for 2-3 hours. There were hundreds of trees down, just in my "neck of the woods."