Katrina triage

Gary_Yngve

I think we all agree we have limited resources down there.

There are still folks out there needing rescue.

There's what could be an unprecedented ecological disaster, with gasoline, battery acid, etc., mixing with the floodwaters.

And there's the abandoned pets that seem to make the good headline and capture everyone's heart because they're cute and cuddily.

My opionion is we should focus on humanity and the environment (sorry, but an animal engineered to be cute and helpless through years of domestication does not get categorized under the environment), and we shouldn't rescue any pets, except where convenient (i.e. with the owner, and the pet won't take food/shelter resources otherwise intended for people).

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Saturday I received a phone call from an agency I've ties to. I was asked if I'd go participate in rescue efforts for a wage of $24-$29/hr. I had to decline due to an existing contract.

If I'd gone and encountered a pet floundering, I don't care the official mandate or protocol, I would at least put the animal on high ground.