Puzzling!

espirita

What I don’t understand is, how can a person with long hair (such as mine) lose upwards of 25 strands a day in the shower (I counted) and even more throughout the day… and not eventually be bald? I understand that hair grows, etc., but a foot-long strand of hair is not instantly replaced by another foot-long strand – so at best, I should have, well, a mullet. Or should I say at worst. Well at worst I would be bald. Or to be bald might be better than having a mullet. What was I saying? Yes, how can this be???

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The oldest, longest strands of hair impart their wisdom to the new, short strands, then voluntarily jump for the shower drain to make room for the new. We have much to learn from the "longhairs"...and their music.

Or to be bald might be better than having a mullet.
I rather be balled. If it is with a mullet, I will ignore it as I would an unsightly wort. Edited by Dechristo

Each hair grows for a certain time and then falls out. Your individual hairs are all in a different part of the cycle at any given time. The length of the cycle puts an upper limit on the length your hair can attain.

That makes sense; it just seems contrary to common sense, the laws of physics, etc., that the current rate of hair loss is vs. hair growth would be sustainable... I will have to stew on that for a while though, thanks. tongue.gif

Bald people have either very short cycles or hair follicles that have shut down completely.

Ooh, that sucks. pitty.gif