Take me out Enumclaw Style

catbirdseat

The definition of a jerk is someone who is solely concerned with his own welfare to the exclusion of other. In other words the opposite of an altruist. Clearly not all men are jerks, although almost all men are jerks at one time or another. Women who expect altruistic behavior all the time from men are destined to be disappointed.

Expecting anyone to be anything all of the time is deluded at best. All men and women are jerks at one time or another. But that has nothing to do with the capacity to be kind, loving, or altruistic.

It seems the biggest difference between assholes and nice people is the capacity to self-evaluate, and understand when you've screwed up, why, and to make an effort not to do it again in the future. One of the many things that pisses mne off about "our current president". grin.gif

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Expecting anyone to be anything all of the time is deluded at best. All men and women are jerks at one time or another. But that has nothing to do with the capacity to be kind, loving, or altruistic.

It seems the biggest difference between assholes and nice people is the capacity to self-evaluate, and understand when you've screwed up, why, and to make an effort not to do it again in the future. One of the many things that pisses mne off about "our current president". grin.gif

And so I take it that you have not yet gotten in touch with your "inner A-hole"?

It seems the biggest difference between assholes and nice people is the capacity to self-evaluate, and understand when you've screwed up, why, and to make an effort not to do it again in the future.
And so I take it that you have not yet gotten in touch with your "inner A-hole"?

I have, and boy, is she a bitch.

I've been an inconsiderate "A-hole" in the past. I knew it at the time and felt like shit, but extracting myself from the situation was painful on all sides. Some very wonderful people who really didn't deserve it suffered because me. One lovely episode cost me my relationship with my girlfriend at the time (and now wife). I got lucky and she looked past my faults. Now I just do my best to mitigate it, and usually do an ok job. Though i'm sure i'll do it again in the future.

Like most people, I do the best I can and hope it's enough. Luckily showing up and making an effort is more than half of any struggle, so I seem to do ok.

I could go on blithering but i'll spare you all cantfocus.gif

Oh, and yesterday I was feeling very burned out. I've been staring at the same dam document since, fuck last October maybe? And it's all i've been doing since June. I'm damn near done and it's somewhere between exhilirating and horrifying! fruit.gifcry.gif