N Sister

Crackalicious

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some body armor and a parasail might be more appropriate. This route is so much more fun, more safe, more of everything that is good when it is covered with snow and cold. I do not understand why people are drawn to this pile in August. That said, people still go up there, slip around on some vertical bb's and pull down on stacked graham crackers for a few hours, and have a good time w/o killing themselves. But why?

A buddy of mine climbed N. Ridge of N. Sister solo two weeks ago and saif it was awesome with two tools and perfect cramponing along a a sweet line. He trundled inadvertantly on the way down, but said that that upper section is some of the best snow he's ever played on. He and a friend scouted out the line the day before in a plane to see what kind of condition it was in. I'll see if I can get some of the photos and post them here.

He brought ropes to rappel with and it is quite steep heading to the summit at around 65 degrees. He said that if the snow did melt out it would really suck, so just eye it when you get up there. There is kind of a point of no return and yopu have to come back down the way you go up. Doesn't sound too fun if there is no snow. Still waiting on the pics I viewed.

• 4 weeks later...