Little Chilliwack

Stefan

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Road will usualy be plowed to Chilliwack Lake park. No winter logging going on so the gravel road will not be touched. However it is pretty low-elevation and is often driveable with 4WD even when not plowed. Dont skid off the road, though, cause you will end up sinking in the lake.Chains? You gonna do a winter ascent of the north face of Bear or what?

Yeah, I know the Centre road does show a faster approach--however, in the winter I know the road is blocked by snow. At least the Chilliwack Lake road would get me closer to the base of the peaks. But I have decided to look elsewhere based on your beta about plowing the road.....

What about the Cheam range? Are those good peaks to do in the winter?

Even if you had to snowshoe or ski in the Center Cr road it would be faster than either bushwacking up to Hanging lake, or canoeing across Chilliwack lake then bushwacking up to the McDonald-Lindeman col. I figure it would take about 4 hrs to get to Lindeman on skis from where you would have to park, going via Centre Cr.

Cheam range kicks ass in the winter. best routes to do are w face and s ridge of welch. fast access, lots of vertical, expect like 13-14 hrs round trip from road. but man they look nice today!!!! also the n face routes on cheam look very nice but conditions can be iffy - it never stabilized last year - i was up there 3 times and never went past tree line.

north side Cheam Range routes like on knight, stewart etc. are better in spring when you can get to the end of jones lake faster.

[ 12-20-2001: Message edited by: Dru ]