Solo routes on Shuksan, other than Sulphide?

JoshK

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know if i'd classify the glacier travel as "very little" - certainly less than the sulphide, but winnie's slide is steep and dangerous, and the upper curtis when i did it was very maze-like, and of course the upper sulphide itself before the summit is well crevassed. i think it's a reasonable solo, but definetly not pussy shit...

bivy atop the chimneys, there's good space there, and from there you can do the whole thing in and out in an enjoyable 2 days.

i don't know if i'd classify the glacier travel as "very little" - certainly less than the sulphide, but winnie's slide is steep and dangerous, and the upper curtis when i did it was very maze-like, and of course the upper sulphide itself before the summit is well crevassed. i think it's a reasonable solo, but definetly not pussy shit...

bivy atop the chimneys, there's good space there, and from there you can do the whole thing in and out in an enjoyable 2 days.

Relatively speaking. Fisher Chimneys has the least amount of glacier travel of any of the routes on Shuksan. I think we spent (at most) a total of an hour and 20 minutes on the glacier portion of the route. In the grand scheme of things, that's not very much. I'm not sure I'd say "very little". bigdrink.gif