Enchantments Permit

Fairweather

My son and I are doing a circumnavigation and climb of Mount Adams during the third week in July, but if the weather isn't good on the west side I figured I would hedge our plans with a permit for The Enchantments. 25 years of hiking and climbing and I've never been to The Enchantments. I just sent my permit application off in the mail for a party of two. Four mid-week-only dates in July w/alternates. Do I have a #*%ing prayer of getting this permit? What are our chances in the daily lottery if we are denied reservations? Will the daily lottery get us in for all four days?

Thanks!

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All summer permits are allocated at the 3/1 deadline so you have zero chance of a reservation by mail at this time. The chances of getting a permit at the daily lottery vary, but improve for midweek, small parties, and for people willing to camp below the Enchantments and day hike there. The permit given will always be for the entire trip. Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Heh heh heh. Got my permit acceptance in the mail today! Haven't felt this lucky since the day I got my acceptance letter to our local junior college. cool.gif

Four days. In Snow, out Colchuck/Stuart. Just me and the kid. Lots of scrambling. Is it safe to stash a couple mountain bikes at the Stuart TH for the return to Snow Lake trailhead?

Well, you are indeed mighty lucky friend. I think it helped a lot to try July and also midweek and also only 2 people. I hope you have a great trip. Lots of woods near Stuart TH to hide/chain bikes to and its a nice downhill ride to Snow TH. Be sure to hike up Little Annapurna for stellar views.