Climbing boots! What should I get?

XXX

I need help. I have been climbing in my Khoflac plastics for years now, and Im getting sick of their heavy nature. I am looking for a lightweight mountaneering boot. Right now here are my choices.

1) La Sportiva Glaciers

2) La Sportiva Evo GTX

thats about it for now. Do these two boots take step in super 12 charlet moser crampons? Im not looking for anything more expensive then these boots. Tell me what you think thanks

-T

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The LaSportiva Glacier is a great boot for general purpose mountaineering. It climbs rock well, is warm enough for 3 seasons in the Cascades, is stiff enough to kick steps in hard snow. Unfortunately, it won't take the front bail of a step in crampon, but REI has a deal on the Grivel AirTech crampon which is an ideal fit for this boot.

I'd go for the EVO's. They're heaps lighter than the Glaciers, and the last (foot form) is a little different and fits my foot better. Sierra Trading Post has last year's model (trango s) on closeout for $119 to your door (find 20% discounts and free shipping discounts at FatWallet.com). These ofcourse don't have the GTX liner, so they breathe better in the summer when it's dry, but they get wet when it's wet out. Good luck. thumbs_up.gif

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...