The Burden of Hitler's Legacy

E-rock

…Today, by law at least, aren’t all citizens equal? So were the Jews of Germany in 1933…

Is there a parallel to that in the U.S.? Are the Jews seen here, also,as the cunning power brokers? Certainly by most extreme right wing elements. But the American target of mass persecution likely will not be the Jews; it will be the masses who are denied access to the American dream. Millions of Americans are becoming increasingly frustrated in this, the most violent of all industrialized countries, where large sections of most major cities have become crime-ridden no-man’s lands. How are we to deal with the thousands of unsalvageable adolescents, possessed of a smoldering resentment to all forms of authority? What are we to do when our cities are again aflame in riots? Are we going to open concentration camps to protect ourselves from the steadily rising wave of criminals? The undeniable moral decline of the United States in the past [40] years parallels the despair that seized so many Germans during the ‘20s and allowed them to fall prey to Adolf Hitler’s promise of stability and protection. In this country, with its shocking indifference to domestic policies, where half of all eligible citizens don’t vote, a demagogue of Hitler’s hypnotic charisma could easily set citizen against citizen or minority against majority, with the promise of easy solutions. Perhaps more dangerous than the threat of a [foreign attack] may be the fear and frustration developed during a steep economic slide, as was the case in Germany.

-Alfons Heck, Author and Lecturer, Former Hitler Youth

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This moral decline of the last 40 years that you speak of is a direct result of the adaptation of liberal policy during this period. I'm not talking religion as a solution here. One needn't be religious to understand the importance of social order/morality.

BTW; crime in major cities is at a modern low right now. And yes, it's partly because we have finally decided to lock up those who can't seem to adhere to even the most basic societal code-of-conduct.

Additionally, I would say that, of late, it is the left that has shown intolerance for Jews and for Israel. The right wing'ers who embrace Israel's right to exist are now scorned and labeled by liberals as "neocons".

Basically, E-Rock, that essay is the biggest pile of nonsense I have read in quite a while. I'm not sure an ex Hitler Youth is one who can claim special knowledge to the history or policies of the period. The guy was, what, 15 yrs old at the time?

This moral decline of the last 40 years that you speak of is a direct result of the adaptation of liberal policy during this period. I'm not talking religion as a solution here. One needn't be religious to understand the importance of social order/morality.

BTW; crime in major cities is at a modern low right now. And yes, it's partly because we have finally decided to lock up those who can't seem to adhere to even the most basic societal code-of-conduct.

Additionally, I would say that, of late, it is the left that has shown intolerance for Jews and for Israel. The right wing'ers who embrace Israel's right to exist are now scorned and labeled by liberals as "neocons".

Basically, E-Rock, that essay is the biggest pile of nonsense I have read in quite a while. I'm not sure an ex Hitler Youth is one who can claim special knowledge to the history or policies of the period. The guy was, what, 15 yrs old at the time?

What's that? Did I hear your heals click?

Can't argue with ad hoc reasoning.

BTW; crime in major cities is at a modern low right now. And yes, it's partly because we have finally decided to lock up those who can't seem to adhere to even the most basic societal code-of-conduct in concentration camps .

The issue of a Jewish state and its right to exist have NEVER been opposed by myself or any other "liberals" I'm aquainted with. The modern issues surrounding the Isreali state have little to do with the Judaism of its citizens as far as Americans are concerned.

You must be right! Fifteen year olds can never become later students of history, particularly those who became victims of an oppressive regime. Furthermore,I'm sure Ann Frank didn't offer any special knowledge to the history or policies of the period because, afterall, she was only a teen when she died. [b/]