glen

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Son of Caveman:

I have a snowmobile. It is old, and the muffler fell off years ago, and it smokes something fierce, and I have stickers on it that say 'Show me you tits', and I ride it to the top of Baker, and I can always find my way home by following the oil slick back down the mountain. It's cool. I like Bush.

Fag.

quote:

Originally posted by SEF:

This story is just another example of the motorized recreation friendly Bush Administration reversing the direction of Department of the Interior that had recommended banning. Hardly a surprise.

FYI, with the daily average number of snowmobiles entering Yellowstone at 840, the limit of 1,100 would affect only the volume of peak holiday usage.

It's an even better example of the Bush administration's strategy of encouraging regulated industries to file lawsuits against federal environment/energy/resource agencies challenging pre-Bush regulations, and then entering into cozy settlement agreements that remove or completely gut the restrictions.

The 1,100 "limit" is broken down by park entrance - 550 at west entrance, 250 at south, 100 at east, 50 at north, and 150 in Grand Teton and parkway. You gotta love a national park where the rangers have to wear respirators and earplugs because of dangerous levels of air pollution and engine noise.