colchuch lake trailhead/enchantments snow

Matt_Anderson

Anyone been to the trailhead in the last week? My partner and I are trying to decide whether to bring his superswank sporty car or my lest comfy but more reliable (in the snow) truck or subaru.

Anyone been on the snow in the enchantments in the last week? The temps have been consistently been >freezing during the day and < freezing at night, so I'm assuming that conditions would be decent for a day trip to Prusik, bringing snow shoes. Am I high? Will we wallow?

Thanks!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called the Leavenworth Ranger Station, he said the road is clear to Eightmile Trailhead and a 4-wheel drive will get you to the Colchuck trailhead. Does anyone have trail conditions to Colchuck Lake or route conditions for the Colchuck Glacier. Thanks.

I did the standard route on Colchuck on Sunday. Made it to the trailhead in a Honda Accord. Snow was generally very soft but trail conditions are good with a boot pack all the way to the summit. Avoid crossing the lake. Made it across in the morning, but fell through coming out in the afternoon. A good trail is stomped out around the lake.