Outer Shell Pants: Marmot vs. Lowe vs. Millet

undermind

Hello,

here's another vs. thread!

I don't see much talk on pants here or in the archives, so thought I would ask. I need a pair of shell pants for volcano slogs, and general winter use.

Here are a few specific pants I'm considering:

-Marmot Climbing Pant: 3 layer proprietary, 1 lb 9oz

-Lowe Alpine Evolution or Expedition: 3 layer proprietary 1 lb 2 oz

-Millet Stretch Gore-Tex XCR pant: don't know # of layers, 1lb 11oz

The Lowe's are the lightest, but I know nothing about their proprietary ceramic-impregnated waterproof material. The Millet's are the heaviest, but the only ones that use Gore-Tex. I don't know how many layers, but I'm sure they're a worthy pant.

All are full zip, all have suspenders, etc. They are all similar in style, now it just comes down to waterproofing materials, name dependency.

comments??

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll throw my hat into the ring as well, though I'll also post this in the Yard Sale. I have a pair of immaculate-condition Marmot Alpinist Climbing Pants that are 3-layer Goretex XCR, before Marmot changed the pant to its current Membrain material. They are full zip, suspenders, in size large, in dark grey color. I used them three days, only. I'm asking $90 plus shipping.

email me at unclejamsarmy@yahoo.com if interested.

Yeah, I was apprehensive about spending the extra cash on the Millet's, but I decided to do it. But of course since I decided to "think about it", I missed out and they ran out. I was pretty irritated..

But I'm going to get the Lowe's with the EVent fabric. I think it will be a good choice.

Thanks for the offers on the pants too. You've got me pretty tempted with those Marmot Alpinist pants..