Bishop

ajm

Im planning a trip to Bishop this next week and was hoping someone would have information about the best guidebooks for the area. We already have one for Owens River Gorge but we are wanting a few more. Many of the books Ive looked at have mostly sport routes. Is there any trad in the area that is decent? We will be there for 7 days so will have plenty of time to explore... Any other advice about campgrounds, hot springs, even backpacking is greatly appreciated.

Thanks! rockband.gifrockband.gif

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can get a pretty cheap laminated tri-fold bouldering guide that covers the happies, buttermilks, druid stones, etc., at Wilsons Eastside sport.

Last spring, my wife and I camped at a small commercial campground north of town . . . I can't remember the name, but it was attached to a big park w/ ball fields, etc. It was a bit expensive, but the campsites were grassy and shaded and they had showers. Most climbers camp at the pit, but it's really dusty and, well, a pit.

I've been to some hotsprings out in the valley, but don't remember the details. Ask at Wilsons.

Make sure you spend a day up at the druid stones. . . mushsmile.gif