Koflach... Shell Size Smaller than Liner??

undermind

I recently purchased some Koflach Degre's and am questioning the fit. I normally wear 11.5-12 US, but I ended up getting 13's because the 12's felt too snug.

Anyways, I pulled out the liner and noticed that the shell says 12 inside. So the liner and the box say 13, but shell says 12.

Is this normal??

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was looking at Degres and tried on a 12 (felt too small) and a 13 (felt too big). So I was looking on the web for a 12.5 and did find some. However, I also found the following on 2 different mail-order sites. Any comments? If this is true, it sounds really stupid and more than a bit misleading.

"Sizing Note: Koflach half-sizes are the same as the next full size up. For example, a 7.5 is exactly the same as an 8. Same liner, same shell. The only difference is the number printed on the boot. Therefore, if you order a size 7.5/8 you will be sent either the 7.5 or the 8. "

I have read your quote in a few sites, but I have also read from a reputable source that the shells only come in whole sizes, but the liners are true half sizes. So the 7.5 and 8 liners both come in an 8 shell, but are still sized differently.

Gosh, if Koflach actually listed a REAL phone number... Somebody's GOT to have their customer service number!

• 1 year later...

I just bought Koflach Verticals in a EU 9.5 which is quoted to be a US 10 or 10.5 and I'm still perplexed over what the hell size these are.

I normally wear a SIZE 44 shoe (or US 11 in Nike running sneakers and 10.5 in business shoes or Euro brand hiking boots)

But these Koflach sizes are perplexing!