Ahwahnee II Tent

Jopa

Has anyone had any experience with this tent? I'm looking for a shelter that is more weather resistant than the BD epic fabric tents, and the eVent tents are no longer available. The weight (5.5 pounds) seems a bit heavy, but the dual doors with mesh on the inside seems to offer versatility.

Thoughts?

grazie

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Used the one door type for several months in Patagonia. The tent was solid in very windy conditions, but you should be good friends to share such a small space for a long time. My one complaint was it having only one door, which meant that you had to climb over your buddy to go pee. But if there are now two doors that solves that.

I've had this tent for about a year. I have the version with 2 doors. I haven't been in tough weather with it, but it's been great so far. While there is a weight penalty compared to ultralight tents, it's big, roomy, solid, and I can't say enough nice things about having 2 full side doors. Zipping down both doors leaves the tent looking like an arch, making for a nice sun shade.

You could use either zero, one or two vestibules, depending on how much weight vs. space you want.

If you're buying one, there is a non-fire retardant version that is ~ 8 oz lighter. I initially bought the FR version from REI and then returned it and had FF order the non-FR version. Plus, they were nice enough to match REI's 20% off... Off the top of my head, all up weight with stakes, etc. was on the order of 6 lb even. This is the non-FR version.

• 2 weeks later...