Joe Dirt moment

joel20

Well I decided to do some buildering for the last time in Saddam's old palace complex in Tikrit. For the first time this year I brought a spotter to both take photos and make me feel more secure. I climbed higher than I ever have before on any of these buildings this year until I was getting tired and only about 3 moves from the top. My bady wouldn't stop shaking and I yelled to my friend that I was going to drop. When I did he ran away like a little girl and I fell so hard that my knees knocked the wind out of me and I thought that I had broken my ass bone. Just like Joe dirt I tried not to move too much because of that stated fact. Just then I realized as I have many times in my life that I am really stupid. That was yesterday and I'm in pretty bad shape today, but I'm going to Kuwait tomorrow so why should I care.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If the Army where to ever issue out rock shoes they would undoubtably suck. So I was in running shoes at the time whick weren't too bad and probably saved me from breaking my ass bone and other things as well. Then again if I were wearing rock shoes at the time I probably would have made it without falling at all. But, the drive the point home again. I am really stupid and prove it at times, that and I hate the army.

FTA

Joel, do what I use to do in trying times. Close your eyes and instead of OD green, visualize the bright greens and smells of the NW forests.....and the fresh air of freedom soon to come to you.

It always helped me regenerate enough to get through at least 1 more day till eventually the shit ended.

Thanks for the palace pics too.

luck:

Bill