rope up this 8=D

gapertimmy

quote:

Originally posted by carolyn:

Yup, that be in MN.

Ive seen the flaming lips a few times. I bartend at a nightclub (the one where purple rain was filmed). I would say flaming lips and iggy pop top my list of best shows Ive seen there. I hear ya on the big show thing, tho. Im pretty burned and jaded when it comes to music.

Ive heard "One foot in the Grave" a few times. A good friend of mine toured with beck waaaaaay back in the beginning. one time he played at the club. it was an all ages show, so you had to have an id to get into the drinking area. I carded him. He didnt have his id. I turned him away. He put up a big fuss. I didnt know it was him at frist! GEEEESH! Rock stars!!!!!!!!
[laf]

One time an old girlfriend of mine was hanging out in front of a small club in Salt Lake waiting to see Modest Mouse play. A guy came over and tried to bum a cig from her and she said, "get your own cigarette, bitch". After he left her friend informed her that was Isaac Brock the guy that they had come to see play. [laf]

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by E-rock:

Do you have anything to climb or ski in Minnesota?

ya, I climb the barstools here in MN! I often have to use an autoblock for the rapp off the stool, cause I dont like to land on my ass! On occasion Im lucky to catch a firemans belay! [Razz]

The North shore is the prime area for rock around here....cliffs along lake superior and some cool inland schtuff. Some smaller crags all over the state. Single pitch. Sit starts from your car, kind of approach. [Wink]

Ice... Again, short approaches. SIngle pitch...but all over! Head up into canada (5-6hrs from the cities) and you can get into multipitch climbs. The ice is great out here, if you havet he balls to brave the cold!!!! [Razz]

Skiing.....

you mean xcountry, right? [laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Muffy The Wanker Sprayer:

I agree... groopies are bitches that think they own the world because of who they F&^k

And yes I do have the highest spray rate in town
[Wink]
eveyone has to be goood at something
[Razz]

[Eek!] check the stats, muffy the wanker sprayer, registered oct 02, 200 + sprays

gapertimmy registered october 00, 800 sprays, i'm not worthy

quote:

Originally posted by gapertimmy:

cletus

tomorrow will be spent at the pumpkin patch, maybe a quick gape at smith with the fam, and then off to sisters and possibly the outlet stores.

a word comes to mind. owned. i'm fuckin owned!

Monday we shall climb.

a little rhyme for you to repete to your self tomorrow... it will help you threw the day

"happy wife, happy life"

[Wink]

barney is okay.... but I have seen way more barney... teletubbies were fresh and new and diffrent

and people wonder why I can't spell or put together a proper sentence... I have been surrounded by seseme st. barney and telletubbies for the last 7 years [Cool]

[ 10-19-2002, 10:04 PM: Message edited by: Muffy The Wanker Sprayer ]

I tried to google the SJ Gould article on the channeled scablands and only found a creationist website. [hell no]

Does any one else remember when the Flaming Lips played the Peach Pit After Dark? [big Grin]

"You know I'm not much of a fan of alternative music but they really rocked!"

- Steve Sanders, Beverly Hills 90210

quote:

Originally posted by carolyn:

haha! Thats funny E-Rock.

Actually, 'rock stars' are just like any of us...some are ass holes...some are really great people.

Ive actually found groupies to be much more irritating over the years.

I did a national tour with a rock band for my work a few years back, and they were definitely the biggest pain in the butt. In Minneapolis we played that place where they did the Prince movie. That was cool. [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by fern:

I tried to google the SJ Gould article on the channeled scablands and only found a creationist website.
[hell no]

Does any one else remember when the Flaming Lips played the Peach Pit After Dark?
[big Grin]

"You know I'm not much of a fan of alternative music but they really rocked!"

- Steve Sanders, Beverly Hills 90210

Yeah I remember that. That was great, I was a huge 90210 fan back then. I WASN't however a Flaming Lips fan (that was when they had their one minor hit Tangerine or Vaseline, can't remember name).

Took me years to figure out that Wayne and Co., did the 90210 thing as a goof because they couldnt' believe they were actually ASKED. For the longest time (when i was young and cared of such things) the Lips weren't "cool" to me, becuase of that. I wish I had a videotape of that episode.

I'll try finding that SJ Gould article, do you know what magazine he wrote his monthly articles in? It was one of those if i remember correctly.

I found something from this website which looks like an assignment for a geology class. Now I'll try to find the actual article.

For an additional popular interpretation of debates over the Scablands see Stephen Jay Gould, "The Great Scablands Debate," essay published in The Panda's Thumb (Norton, 1980), pp. 194-203.