Alpine Fri-Sun. Colchuck NW gulley?

Bug

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddy's B-day bonfire then ice skating party on the marsh if the cold weather holds. Was up climbing on Island today. skiing last Thgursday and Friday with H and J up at Bake Head. We should get the kids together for a ski. Then do some Ice. I am almost done with this project and then my schedule will free up. Did you read about those guys hitting Gib Ledges?! I want a second go...

wave.gif

OK, Since it is looking like a good storm is hitting us this weekend, I am changing my plans to a winterfest on Index via the backside of Persis. This could easily be a day trip but it might be worth a night out to get in some good turns on Index Sun AM. That is if you like spending a night out in a storm. I have a bombproof 2 man and a bomb proof 3 man so this would be a good chance for anyone who needs experience in cold weather. The climbing is non technical (about 30 ft of 3rd class out of the gully down low). The skiing may be good if we get a big dump.

I don't know: This is the slim, trim 2005 model Bug. He has a beefed up exoskeleton action suit and the determination to boot. My money's on success.(wish I could be there)

In the coming weeks, what is your schedule? I would like to get some Alpine ice and skiing in. Can you get away during the week or only on the w/e?

Billy