Printer for Photos - seeking recommendations

MattLinden

OK, here's a totally non-climbing and non-political topic for the Spray. I'm ready to buy myself a Christmas present of a printer for my digital photos. I probably won't actually buy until January, after my holiday backpacking trip to Hawaii. Anybody have some good tips? I'm looking for general info like must have features, things to avoid, etc. Specific model recommendations are useful too; with explanations why you like them. Thanks.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got the Canon i960. I like it a lot. Its got 6 separate color cartridges, which helps on $$ of printing. It also interfaces VERY easily and produces excellent quality prints for a reasonable price. They may have moved on to the next generation, not sure, but I like mine a lot.

Now the scanner is a totally different story. I've got a Canon scanner, and every time I try to scan a slide, it completely screws up the color scheme. Anyone have any success fixing this?