room for rent in Laurelhurst w/ climbers, skiiers

ania

We're looking for a 4th housemate starting in January. We're all mid-20s to early-30s, skiiers, climbers, cyclists.

The house is a mile east of the Univ of Washington, in a quiet residential neighborhood (Laurelhurst) with tall trees and friendly neighbors. It's a fairly large house. The four bedrooms and main bathroom are upstairs. The main floor consists of a living room, dining room, half-bath (sink & toilet), and nice big kitchen where three people can all cook together. The basement is where all the gear goes (skis, bikes, sleeping bags, boots, ice axes, etc). The washer and drier are also down there, and the supplemental beer fridge. The yard has a pear tree, plum tree, compost bins, wild roses, and a roofed work area where you could build stuff. The driveway fits 2 cars and there is no problem with street parking, except for half a dozen times per year when there's a football game at the UW. The Burke-Gilman trail (for bike commuting) is 2 blocks away. There's a bus stop nearby, too. I've nothing bad to say about the house. I really like it.

Amanda and I are both grad students. Greg graduated earlier this summer but is still working at the UW. We all get on our bikes more often than into our cars. We all ski. Greg is the only one who doesn't rock climb, and I'm the only one without ice tools.

We'd prefer a male housemate to keep the 50-50 male-female ratio, but would certainly consider a cool woman. We're hoping to find someone who'll stick around for a while. We understand that things come up, but we'd prefer the new housemate to make a 1 year (or more) commitment.

Rent is $500/month + utilites.

Edited by ania

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic