Lo an behold...

lancegranite

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Mrs G. and I were testing the high performance break in on her new christmas gift, a speedy new Salomon.

Speed runs on velvety fresh groomed snow, Mrs. G. in the lead, she decides to STOP!

(a boot issue... women, you know what i'm talking about.)

I see her slam on the breaks.

My speed, quite refreshing a moment ago, has become a problem. She is directly in my fall line....

Time to impact: 0.25 seconds

Decision time.

What I do in the next quarter of a second will decide how hurt WE will be....sit? jump? grab her in a 30 MPH bearhug? fuck!

I sit on it, turning myself into a little ball, board in front, edges screaming, a whitewash blinds me...

The impact sends me flying in a 30 MPH frontflip.

Flying thru the air, I remember the time in Canada when a guy's sudden turn resulted in crossed skis and much apologies....

She is OK, but a nasty cut on Mrs. G's arm encourages us to seek help.

The patrolers looked not a day over 19...I take charge.

Cleaning the wound, a giant glob of fat flops out of the cut. I look at the patrolers... their eyes are huge.

"pass me the sissors" I said, "No!hellno3d.gif" they cried, "you need to go to the hospital"

Later, in our bathroom, She holds the fat with tweezers and I cut it off. A couple butterfly bandages and advil later and she is just fine.

The arm is sore, but no signs of infection.

I was a real hotdog for a long time, but this was my first accident in 14 years.

Mrs G. is fine, I learned that skiing is dangerous and it's good to have the WFR skills.... and the look on the patroller's faces will live with me forever.