native eyewear

Mr._Natural

http://www.nativeyewear.com/

I thought would spray a bit about this company as they have the most kick ass warrantee policy ever. Shades are guaranteed for life, INCLUDING SCRATCHED LENSES. As long as they have not been lost, they will replace them. I had a pair get chewed by a dog. The lenses were gonners although the frames were barely touched. Two weeks after I sent them off I got a brand new pair of shades. The $20 check to cover the processing fee (manufacturer defects do not require this, only scratches) was also returned with the new shades. If you are hard on your sunglasses check them out.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This policy is the same (almost) as Oakley's. While Oakley's does not cover scratches you could always break the frame and then send them in. I had a pair of Eye Jackets that I bought in high school. The were going strong through 3 returns. I didn't like them much after having them for ~8 years but I couldn't just buy a new pair when I knew that I could always warrenty them. I solved that problem by losing them somewhere in Idaho.

I have a pair of Natives right now and I think I might also try out there warrenty policy because the finish is flaking off on the ear pieces.

The oakley policy i saw was for a year.

Eyewear Warranty Policy

All Oakley eyewear is warranted for one year from the date of purchase against manufacturer defects. Coverage is valid only with proof of purchase from an Authorized Oakley Dealer. Oakley warranty program does not cover scratched lens*. Alteration of Oakley products will void warranty. Additional services are available for a nominal charge.

I was interest since I lost my last pair;however, contradictory info on scratches: (from website)

Manufacturer's Defects within the First Year of Purchase: If there is a defect in the materials or workmanship within the first year of purchase, Native Eyewear will return the $20 processing fee along with the repair or replacement of your Native sunglasses. Native Eyewear has the sole discretion to determine manufacturer's defects. Scratched lenses are NOT a manufacturer's defect. You must return your Native sunglasses to Native Eyewear, as described in section #1, and include the $20 processing fee and a dated proof of purchase.

The oakley policy i saw was for a year.

Eyewear Warranty Policy

All Oakley eyewear is warranted for one year from the date of purchase against manufacturer defects. Coverage is valid only with proof of purchase from an Authorized Oakley Dealer. Oakley warranty program does not cover scratched lens*. Alteration of Oakley products will void warranty. Additional services are available for a nominal charge.

I've snapped eye-stems on 3 pairs of Oakleys, 2 within the "year," and haven't yet gotten a fix from them... but i really dig the Natives I replaced them with thumbs_up.gif

--cd.