Conditions in Centre Creek

Dru

This would be a TR but all I did was hike around and gape.

The gate was closed but not locked. I walked in anyways to avoid the possibility of being locked in. The gate was still unlocked when I came out. cry.gif I could have avoided 12km of hiking.

Where the ford has been removed you can get across at current water levels by crawling along a logjam 100m downstream. Then bushwacking through devils club back to the road.

357road-med.JPG

The road is getting kind of overgrown past the river crossing. 3 years ago this was veggie-free and driveable.

357view1-med.JPG

357headon-med.JPG

I was hiking up here to scout out the Priest/Coupe couloir. This is one of the rare Chilliwack Valley alpine ice climbs. It looks like it's in good shape albeit with some serac/schrunds right at the bottom to get through and maybe a bit of snow covered rock at the top to the Nesakwatch/Rexford col.

357lindeman-med.JPG

Lindeman looked purty with a sugar coating of frosted freshiez too.

357nesillhouete-med.JPG

Silhouette of the Nesakwatch Spires with "Nesakwatch Notch" at right. Hopefully this winter...

Oh yes I saw an otter snaf.gif splashing around in one of the salmon spawning channels near the road on the way in. cool.gif

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic