Twin Spires 9/11

Dru

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So dru could collect donations for every step it takes him to climb and then donate the money to said organization. I will lay down my pennys for dru [big Grin]

I don't want to get in a big debate here and don't get me wrong, I LOVE FIREMEN. My godfather is/was one for more than 30 years. This is my point, yes people should donate money to worthy causes... but sometimes when we are deeply effected by a situation we need to mark it, pay respect to it in a way that is personaly meaningful. Sending a check can not always fill that need. I consider the hike that I take every sunday to be my "church" So from my point of veiw what dru perposes is most meaningful and symbolic.

[ 08-20-2002, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: sk ]

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

So dru could collect donations for every step it takes him to climb and then donate the money to said organization. I will lay down my pennys for dru
[big Grin]

I don't want to get in a big debate here and don't get me wrong, I LOVE FIREMEN. My godfather is/was one for more than 30 years. This is my point, yes people should donate money to worthy causes... but sometimes when we are deeply effected by a situation we need to mark it, pay respect to it in a way that is personaly meaningful. Sending a check can not always fill that need. I consider the hike that I take every sunday to be my "church" So from my point of veiw what dru perposes is most meaningful and symbolic.

i was suggesting somebody else do it not me... its a wednesday and im probably gonna be climbing bigwalls and counting goats in powell river that week...