Dynafit MLT4 ?

Old_House_Man

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a pair this spring. I have not walked very far in them but had to replace the liners with something wider. After doing that, they feel comfortable. I have a wide foot (E). This does not answer your question but is worth knowing I hope.

Having climbed ice in Koflachs and other ice boots, these feel like they will be good ice boots. Having skied in all the above boots, these feel like they will be for transportation, not extreme skiing.

They are nice and light and I got the whole dynafit setup to match. See you out there!

Last time I checked the MLT was not available stock with the thermofit liner (why, I have no idea)...so in order to get the MLT down to a really light boot, you have to order an extra set of liners. You might want to check out the TLT4 that you can get with a thermofit liner...it is pretty close to being as light as the MLT and probably skis considerably better.

I've used the TLT's on glacier slogs and although there is limited ankle flex, they were still plenty comfortable, light, and warm.

Also, don't necessarily trust the given weights online for dynafit boots (or any boots). On a digital scale, my TLT4's only weight 1.5 ounces (each) more than my Koflach plastics....I had expected the Koflachs to be a lot lighter.

I have a pair which I burned thermoflex liners into. They are great on my splitboard. They are also good for use with light skis, but the TLT skis better. They are great for general mountaineering as they are feather light with the burned liners. Much lighter than previous plastic setups I have used.