[TR] Black Peak- South Ridge 8/21/2004

ncascademtns

Climb: Black Peak-South Ridge

Date of Climb: 8/21/2004

Trip Report:

My friends and I squeezed in Black Peak on Saturday before the Monsoon hit the North Cascades. We were going to do the North East Ridge but because of time and weather we scrambled up the South Ridge. 40 minutes to Heather Pass. There is a boot path most of the way to Lewis Lake and also up to Wing Lake. The notch for the South Ridge is pretty straight forward with no snow. We left our crampons and axes at Wing Lake. Ridge straight forward also. 8 hours, car to car with an hour on the summit and some good healthy breaks. Was back to tne car by noon and caught the rain on the way back to Marblemount.

That finishes me up on Washingtons Classic 18 highest non-volcanic peaks. Inching closer to the top 50.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Boot path starts at Heather Pass and goes down the left side. It stays in the scrub trees. It exits to the left onto the boulder field but if look to the right, another boot path goes down hill and continues to Lewis Lake. Most would opp to take the left onto the boulder field. Stay to the right. After Lewis Lake there is a nice trail up to Wing Lake. The scamble up the south ridge is nice with a short 4 class scramble at the top. Tons of Carnes.