[TR] Rooster Rock and Chicken-Napped!!!- 7/26/2004

cluck

Climb: Rooster Rock and Chicken-Napped!!!

Date of Climb: 7/26/2004

Trip Report:

It is a sad day in the PNW climbing community (by "climbing community" I mean my friends and I). Cluck, our beloved mascot climbing chicken has been kidnapped. He was chillin' downtown Portland in the back of my jeep last night while I gorged myself with some late-night happy hour after another glorious ascent of the Rooster when car thieves/terrorists broke in and nabbed him (along with my climbing pack full of gear). I returned from dinner to find the jeep with lights-a-flashing and horn-a-blaring with broken glass and tiny yellow feathers littering the sidewalk.

The police quickly assembled an elite Chicken Recovery Task Force and locked down the city. Within hours, they had arrested the terrorists responsible for this heinous crime and recovered my climbing gear, but tragically Cluck was nowhere to be found. Most likely, he had already been sold into chicken-slavery on the black market.

So if you spot some crackhead lurking around downtown PDX sporting a badass climbing chicken mascot, do me a favor and punch him in the head. Meanwhile, we'll be pulling our reserve mascot up from the minor leagues to fill in as Cluck-2.

3363Hardcore_Chicken1.JPG3363Hardcore_Chicken2.JPG3363Hardcore_Chicken3.jpg

Also lost in this incident were 3 Hamm's tall-boys. They are still missing and presumed drank - RIP guys.

bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic