[TR] Menagerie (with pictures)- 7/16/2004

corvallisclimb

Climb: Menagerie (with pictures)-

Date of Climb: 7/16/2004

Trip Report:

I returned to the menagerie a week later to attempt the closer approach. All of the gates where open so we where able to get to the look out where you can see the north rabbit ear. We couldnt find the trail down to the old parking area so we just parked at the sump on 850 and hiked the extra 10 min wich still was much better than the other hike in. We hiked straight to rooster rock so I could orient my self, we climbed it again this time I didnt clip any of the bolts just threw in an extra micro cam. Brought a camera this time thats bascially the only reason i posted another TR so I could show the pictures.

5913DSCN0637-med.jpg

thats shot of my friend brad who i took with me

5913rooster_rock_routes-med.JPG

the north face of rooster rock

5913DSCN0643-med.JPG

looking down route from rap anchors

5913DSCN0639-med.jpg

me on top

her are some pictures of other rocks in the menagerie the first is of the rabbit ears the other two i dont know wich ones they are

5913DSCN0652-med.JPG

5913DSCN0653-med.JPG

5913DSCN0651-med.JPG

thats all thanks for your time snaf.gifsnaf.gif

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have made me so homesick! In the shot after the rabbit ears you're looking at boulder dome, cockatoo tower, royal arch and thin left to right with just the head of the coyote in the foreground. the next shot is of the cathedral, it only has one route and the first ascent party can't remember where it went??? it may be one of the biggest formations but the approach is beyond horrendous. I'll be back up there soon! Jim