Girlz Girlz Girlz Vol. 2 (Newbie Girls Climb)

icegirl

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ben. we are talking about girls who have never been outside and some that have only been to the gym once. Sorry if we are not up to a 5.9 crack route just yet. Rapelling? what make you think they know how to rap??????!??!?! you are very assumptive grasshopper.

Go look at your "grades" again. The book I've got sitting here says "5.5-5.8 (easy) 5.9-5.10 (intermediate) 5.11--5.13 (advanced-expert)

Oh, and here is another one: 5.0-5.5 Easy, 5.6-5.8 intermediate, 5.9-5.10 hard, 5.11-5.12 expert, 5.13-5.14 Elite.

In my limited experience, this seems to be correct. I can talk the girls up a 5.5-5.8, and the strong ones can do an easy 5.9 (5.8 by any other yardstick) with rests.

so why do I want to take them to godzilla again?

Please, give it a rest.

Let them have some fun on nice 5.5's and 5.6's before scaring them away from climbing altogether.

Heck THIS kind of thinking could be part of the reason some women like the idea of an all girls climb at an easy location like Exit 38.

Climbing is climbing. You don't want to climb with us anyway on our rhino-rock, so why do you keep tossing in your input? When they are ready to "make that leap" to granite cracks, I'm sure they will be looking your way for direction, NOT!

Edited by icegirl

jeeezzzus, did i say they must climb godzilla...all i think i thought i said (weeks ago) was it is a good beginning climb in the index climbing area as you asked for more possibilities (also near heart of country nice crack by tunnel 5.7, GM 5.8).

i am glad they are getting out...you are right climbing is climbing...

and for the grades, sorry i dont own a book with what the numbers mean but a comp i was in when i was a teen said that 5.9 was beginner and 10 intermediate, 11advanced...

i just extrapolated the rest.

guess thats what i get for believing gyms'

did i say they know how to rap, i said it is a fun rap..as a tr they would be lowered....sorry for treading so abruptly on your thread. i will resist the urge from now on.