The Coming Fire Season

Alex

With the news that there are already fires in BC, around Rainier and near Omak, and remembering the way the Cdn Rockies and even areas of the Cascades got shut down due to the large fires there last summer, I am starting to alter my "typical" planning for the tick list to get on the alpine projects perhaps a little earlier this year.

Seems like with the dry and hot weather, and rapidly dwindling snowpack, conditions will be prime for fires this season in general.

Good luck to the fire crews this season. Hope you let the ones burn that you can let burn, though (particulates counteract global warming) smile.gif !

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So was this Lilooet fire the source of brown haze that drifted in from the east, up Duffy Lk. Rd. valley Saturday afternoon? Watching it move in from up high, obscuring views of nearby valleys/peaks reminded me of what was going on at Cascade Pass last September. We speculated that the haze was just afternoon moisture rising into the air...but, the redish-brown color? We weren't able to detect any smell of burning.