Laughing at yourself

chelle

As I get older I find I am laughing at myself more and more. Here's my latest...

I am not mechanically minded by nature. But today I finally decided to switch the cleats on my old biking shoes to my new biking shoes (ok they are 3 years old, but they didn't have cleats so they're still new to me...) I've been kinda intimidated to screw it up 'cause I fired my in house bike mechanic (about 3 years ago) who led me to believe that all things to do with my bike were very complicated. rolleyes.gif I did build some really bomber shelves recently using power tools. I figured swapping out cleats can't be too hard.

Anyways, I locate the screwdriver and remount the cleats one at a time to make sure I get them on the correct shoe. It really wasn't that hard. Just 7 screws and 2 plastic plates on each shoe. Feeling pretty proud of myself I decide to get my stuff together to ride to Green Lake to meet a friend rather than drive.

Tires have enough air...check. Water bottle filled...check. Walking shoes in the messenger bag...check. Helmet...check. Ready to ride. I hop on the bike and try to click in my pedals and realize something is wrong.

I had mounted the pedal cleats (my system is a 2 parter) backwards. yelrotflmao.gif Doh! Went back inside...found the screw driver and fixed them. Put screw driver into messenger bag and had a great ride and walk around the lake. grin.gif

What have you done lately to crack yourself up?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was setting up a show at the Key Arena this morning. My workmate and I were putting together some looooong steel bridles for the rigging, I go to check the bridle leg lengths and one of them is wrong. As I'm fixing it, I flipped my partner some crap for setting it up wrong....and then my redo is wrong too. Now the leg is too short instead of too long. rolleyes.gifyellaf.gif

Along the same lines, but not myself (really, I mean it . . . rolleyes.gif) and more due to exhaustion/stress than age . . ..

Up on the captain, it's gonna get dark soon. I'm belaying. One of my friends is leading, the other just hanging out. The hanging out friend (lets call him Todd, though that's not his name rolleyes.gif and I would never want to embarass him in public evils3d.gif), decides to think ahead and mount his headlamp to his helmet ahead of time. He's not really all that used to thinking ahead, so I am quite impressed. ooo.gif

He digs through the pack, locates said illuminary device and mounts it.

Backwards. blush.gif

No big deal. the front of the helmet ain't all that different from the front. Anybody could do that. He dutifully takes the headlamp off, turns the helmet around and remounts the headlamp.

Backwards again. cantfocus.gif

Oh goody, now I have something to make fun of him for come sleepy time. He laughs at himself, takes the helmet off, removes the headlamp, turns the helmet around and puts it back on.

Backwards again. again. hellno3d.gif

We look each other in the eye and realize he shoudln't be doing the hard leads for the rest of the day.

The fourth time was the charm. wave.gif